I honestly believe we deserve to be proud of ourselves and I wanted to share some of my thoughts after our crazy first year. Here they are in no particular order:
Top 6 things I love about being here
- Good cappuccino almost anywhere for only a euro.
- Skiing and sledging in the winter; walking, canoeing, swimming and cycling in the summer.
- Default blue skies year round (although they have not been quite so 'default' so far this year!)
- My new English and Italian friends, who have all been so welcoming.
- The amazing mountain views we see everyday when we look out of the window...
- Seeing my children blooming in a new culture and language
- Decent Tea (our families have been superb at keeping us supplied on various visits!)
- Cheddar cheese...please cheddar companies start exporting to Italy (more specifically Abruzzo)
- Friends and family - thank goodness for Skype!!
- Indian, mexican and chinese food...in this part of Italy you eat Italian, full stop!
- How beautiful this region is, yet how difficult it is for people to find out about it.
- How difficult it is to find out information about how things work...and contrary to what others would have you believe, things do work here...just in a somewhat complicated, sometimes illogical fashion!
- How long everything takes (post office queues, making hospital appointments, paying bills)