Thursday 11 June 2015

A monumental day!

Those of you that know me well will also know that I have a passionate dislike for disused pylons strewn across beautiful landscapes. I still find it incredulous that local and regional governments don't class this as industrial pollution or destruction of a natural landscape. I'm also amazed that electricity companies are not compelled to invest in removing the structures that they have abandoned throughout the world. So, one Saturday (a few weeks ago) a monumental moment arrived. With a nudge, ahem, from a neighbour's tractor and a tug with an old climbing rope the pylon that irritated me the most - the one nearest to our house - found it's way to the ground!

What to do with it now is the next issue to tackle...we have so far come up with pillars for a car port or pergola, planters, irrigation tubes, hardcore for filling in an unused drainage ditch... oh what to do - decisions, decisions. In the meantime, I think I will just enjoy the fact that it is no longer standing up!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment