Wednesday 4 September 2013

Making Limoncello...yum!

Inspired by my host country (they haven't kicked me out yet!) and my friend Katy, I have tonight been making Limoncello. Vodka, Lemons, Sugar and Water...it just sounds right, doesn't it?!


Here are the wonderful ingredients...

Zest your lemons (this is one of 6 large ones)...


Tip into the sugar, water and vodka mix...


Give it a good stir...

... and bottle.

Leave for a minimum of 24 hours or up to three months (yeah right!)

Sieve, put in the freezer and then drink, freezer cold.

I'll let you know what it tastes like tomorrow then!!









I used Lorraine Pascale's recipe, but there are plenty of them out there on the internet if you want to give it a try. And on Friday, with the juice of the lemons that are left behind I will be making homemade lemonade for our secret seven meeting in the shed...I did promise Jake after all!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased that I have inspired something although yours looks heaps better than ours...

    PS I can see that my Google profile is Ovid but you know it's really me don't you????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha, I do Katy...and now the secret is out!!

    ReplyDelete